Oct 28, 2008

A New Standard of Low



Okay, just when I was beginning to rejoice that I would never see another new episode of "The Bernie Mac Show," I see a commercial on TV for this new Movie. It's called Soul Men, and features the deceased Bernie Mac, and fellow African American actor, Samuel L. Jackson. Now before you get all excited and pre-order tickets for this winter's biggest flop, you might want to at least go in with some knowledge of what to expect. IMDB.com gives us a plot summary.

"Though it's been some twenty years since they have spoken with one another, two estranged soul-singing legends agree to participate in a reunion performance at the Apollo Theater to honor their recently deceased band leader."

Wow. Sounds like I'll be on the edge of my seat the whole time. I can't wait to see what kind of hilarity ensues when these two try to bring the band back together. Speaking of which, I should probably go tune up the ol' tambourine.

The disaster is set to hit theaters November 7th. Click here for all the details.

No comments: