May 7, 2009

Mirror Noir: Creative, Original, Arcade Fire.


Everyone should listen to Arcade Fire, its just that simple. They are a wonderfully creative band and this was confirmed as fact in my mind when I recently ordered their DVD entitled 'Mirror Noir.' It is a wonderfully put together film that pieces together small segments of their whole 'Neon Bible' tour and it is done in a way that is both original and innovative.

When I first put the DVD in and fired up the xbox, I expected what you normal got from a band's DVD. A live show and maybe some interviews and backstage footage and all of that good stuff. Instead, I was greeted with something totally unexpected. The DVD was, instead of just being a live performance, a compilation of many different songs from many different performances, as well as its fair share of backstage footage and other random pieces that all fit together wonderfully. It was more sort of a documentary meets an art film that happens to revolve around a band and that band is Arcade Fire. 

However, even though I really liked, I think it may be one of those things were you already have to like the band in order to appreciate it. My thoughts are that if someone who had no interest in the Arcade Fire would see it as trash. But those people's opinions don't really matter for much of anything so I'm not to concerned what they think. They're probably the same people that put Barack Obama in office. Damn! I'm sorry liberals! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!

THE VIEWS IN THE THIS BLOG ENTRY DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF THOSE AT BLAME IT ON THE MEDIA AND ANYONE WHO TAKES OFFENSE SHOULD GET A QUATER AND CALL SOMEONE WHO CARES.


No comments: