May 14, 2009

To Boldly Go: Star Trek


It was on Monday that I stepped into a brave new world, and that world was Vulcan. So to speak. It was that fateful Monday that I made my first honest venture into the Star Trek universe.

I went to go see the Star Trek movie after hearing enough positive things about it from people I trusted. I hadn't heard much about it before and from the trailers, it just looked like a lame-ass attempt at making a really good movie. Well I was certainly disappointed, because I was expecting a lame movie and instead had my mind blown. Director J.J. Abrams (responsible for that TV series everyone else knows and loves, Lost)...(and also that terrible movie Cloverfield) combined with the writers of the wonderful Transformers movies (the new one, and the one that will be released next month :D) made one hell of a film. The plot was good and relatively believable, the dialogue wasn't chessy, and the characters were well developed.  On top of all that, the graphics were sweet too. I would give it an 8 out of 10 and highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't gone out and seen it yet. 

I know. I really wanted to write a blog about how much this movie blew and make fun of all the Star Trek followers, but I can't. It was too good. 

Live long and prosper. 

No comments: