Dec 29, 2009

Artist Spotlight: Arms and Sleepers

Ignoring the fact that it's been a month since my last post (and the encouraging feedback that anonymous haters leave) I've decided that today is as good a day as any for a new blog post. I've had material to blog about for quite some time, and just never got around to writing about it. I want to blame it on all the important stuff I'm doing, but I can't because I haven't been doing a lot of important stuff.

Anyway, a good friend of mine who always has something cool to show me introduced me to this new band called 'Arms and Sleepers' and they are quite fantastic. The reason I like them so much is because they are a perfect combination of all kinds of other music I like. When listening to them, you'll hear a little bit of Moby, Radiohead, Sigur Rós, Múm and Mogwai. Their resonating ambience mixed with the epic sounding guitar effects makes their music powerful and beautiful.

But you can't really describe a sound now can you? No, you can't. It's like describing smell to a blind person. IMPOSSIBLE.
Pay no attention to the static album-cover image of this video I am about to show you. It's more the music that I want you to hear.



No comments: