Jan 17, 2009

Happy 30 posts to me: Slumdog Millionaire


Over the weekend I went to go see this beautifully put together film called Slumdog Millionaire. I had never heard of it, but was forcefully dragged by a group of heartless savages to sit and watch this movie. Not really. I went to go see it with a couple of friends. 

The basic plot is about an boy named Jamal Malik who live in India. Jamal winds up on the hit TV show 'Who wants to be a millionaire' and ends up getting through the questions. Suspected of cheating, he is kidnapped and interrogated. Through this interrogation, Jamal relays to his captors his life story, and how each event in his life gave him the answers to the questions on the game show. 

It's a fairly simple plot, but the story is fantastic. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone because the story is not one that would only appeal to certain groups of people. It's a story for everyone.

The film was based off the novel Q and A by the Indian author Vikas Swarup. The Director (Danny Boyle) did a wonderful job with character development and made you want to cheer the heroes and boo the villains. I haven't been this into a movie since the Dark Knight. I'm not putting it on that level, but it's worth seeing at least once to make your own evaluation. 

No comments: