Jan 21, 2009

The Good, The Bad, and The Reeves: Cowboy Bebop


Let it be known that I am a fan of Anime. It's unfortunate though, that anime does not have as many fans as it could due to its reputation from terrible shows like Pokemon, Dragonball Z, Naruto, and other completely westernized shows. All of these above listed shows were quality until America (and especially Cartoon Network) destroyed them by making them safe for kids to watch. Anime was never meant for American children. Anime was never meant to be dubbed into the english language. Anything done to an anime series (besides adding subtitles for those of us that don't speak Japanese) is taking away from the purity of the series and essentially destroying it.

All this to say that I came across some rather disturbing news durring my morning web-surfing. One of my favorite anime series, Cowboy Bebop, is being turned into a live action movie. Fox is doing the deed and I was actually quite intruiged until I learned who is going to be playing the main carachter of Spike. Keanu Reeves.

Let me say a little bit about Keanu Reeves. First of all, the only movie that he has ever done well in was The Matrix. Wanna know why he did good? Because he was playing the part of a clueless moron. Well, as it turns out, he is a clueless moron! He cannot act to save his life, and the fact that he has been given the chance to play one of my favorite anime heroes is depressing to say the least. I want to shoot whoever cast him in this movie.

The movie is still in it's primary developing stages and I'm praying that Reeves has a stroke or goes into a coma before filiming begins. That way, they will be forced to find a different actor. The only decision that Fox could make that could possibly be worse casting Reeves as Spike, would be to cast that god-awful Hayden Christiansen.

No comments: