Mar 9, 2009

RTS, MMO, RPG, WTF: Halo Wars


The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. I'm still here, I just haven't posted in a while.

So without further ado, here's the hot topic!

Halo. It is easily on of the most popular and most easily recognizable titles in the gaming world today. If you've heard of video games, you've heard of Halo and if you're like me, you've been to the 20 people LAN parties with greasy food, foul language, and hot geeky man-on man action (and by action, I mean standing up and screaming something to the effect of 'BOOM HEADSHOT'). Or maybe you don't know what that's like and God bless you for it.

Most people know the Halo series as a FPS (first person shooter, for those of you who would rather do something productive with your lives) but a few days ago (March 3rd) a game came out that re-defined the Halo series. It's called Halo Wars, and it is a RTS (Real-time strategy) game that looks very well done. If I had all the money in the world, I would run out and buy it right now then let you know how I like it, but instead, I've provided a trailer that will make you wish you had an xbox 360, as well as 60 bucks to go out and blow on it.

You're welcome.

No comments: