May 5, 2009

The Diving Bell and the IRS.


I hate the IRS. I hate the government. I hate the fact that the money in my pockets is susceptible to the sticky fingers of Uncle Sam and yet, the common folk get put in jail for stealing. Don't steal boys and girls, the government REALLY hates competition. Why is it that a percentage of my paycheck goes to pay some brief case carrying bastard who already had enough money to go to school and get a job in which he learns to take more money!? Get a real JOB! 

Hmph. It really sours my mood when I get a letter from the IRS telling me they lost my payment and now I owe them more money. Of course, they don't actually SAY they lost my payment. I believe their words were, 'it was late.' Um, first of all, it wasn't. Second of all, even if it was, YOU STILL GOT YOUR MONEY! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!

And now on to the entry. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I don't really feel any better and kinda want to go down to Kansas city Joker style and make a mess of things. But alas, I don't have a purple suit, or the scars so I'll just sit here and blog instead. The topic today is the french film called 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.' It is a true story about a man who was in a very good position in life with lots of things going for him when all of the sudden he suffered from a stroke which paralyzed his entire body. When he awoke from the coma, he couldn't....well, I don't wanna spoil the whole thing for you. I know my description doesn't make you want to run out and see it, but if you trust me at all, it is worth seeing. The cinematography was really well done and even though it was a slower movie, it moved along nicely. 


As always, a little something to spark your interest.

No comments: