Oct 29, 2008

Lately listening to: Christopher O'Riley


Today I was out and about with a very good friend of mine. We had decided to make each other mix CD's (because its cute and fun) and there was one artist on the CD that really caught my attention. His name is Christopher O'Riley and the song I heard was "Like Spinning Plates" a Radiohead song. The thing that made this cover special was it WAS ALL DONE WITH PIANO. That's right. This man took one of the greatest alternative artists of our time and turns their songs into beautiful piano pieces.

When I got home, I bought the whole CD on itunes, and fell in love with it. The CD is called "Hold Me To This" and it's all piano Radiohead covers, and its gorgeous. It includes songs like, No Surprises, Paranoid Android, Sail to the Moon, as well as other Radiohead favorites. I find it to be very peaceful and relaxing, and I hope you will find it to be the same.

Now, if you don't like pianos, or Radiohead, or you're just not a fan of good music, I'm sure I could find a Creed CD that you would probably enjoy. However, I assume most of you have a decent taste in music, so no worries there ;)

Thanks to Sydney, who always knows just how to make me smile.

1 comment:

Sydney said...

You're welcome. Mix cd's are cute and fun(speaking of which, we still have to overanalyze them together..)I know that you were interested in it when I mentioned it before so I'm really glad you liked it.