Nov 6, 2008

It's still not weird enough: The Gonzo DVD (finally)


For those of you who are fans of everything Gonzo, I think you'll appreciate what's to come. GONZO: The life and work of Dr. Hunter S. Thompson is a documentary coming to DVD later this month, and has fans all across the nation up to their chins in excitement. Ok, maybe just me, but still, to me this a very exciting thing. Hunter S. Thompson is one of my favorite authors and is famous for his works such as, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Fear and Lothing on the Campaign Trail, Hells Angels, The Rum Diary, and a whole slew of other works. He is most famous for inventing "Gonzo Journalism," an unconventional form of journalism in which the writer makes himself a part of the action.

The documentary itself will cover things like his relationship with the Hell's Angels, his run for Sheriff in Apen CO., what REALLY happened when he and his attonery made the savage voyage to the heart of the American Dream (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas) and his involvement with Sen. George McGovern in the 1972 presidential campaign.

Directed by Alex Gibney and Narrated by Johnny Depp, the DVD is supposed to hit shelves on November 18th. I don't think I have enough LSD to last me that long....

Click Here for the official movie site.

No comments: